Introduction of this book:
Thalassemia patients have a high prevalence of hepati• tis C virus (HCV) infections. Recent improvements in the survival of these patients are a result of more services for the control of iron overload, the provision of safe blood, and better control of complications. Today, liver disease is the main cause of mortality in thalassemia patients throughout the world. Unfortunately, there are inade• quate policy in most thalassemia centers for the control of HCV infections. Thalassemia patients with HCV infec• tions pose a real dilemma in the management of this infection, and they must have access to adequate pro• fessional counseling from health care workers, in addi• tion, the health system should provide appropriate diag• nostic and therapeutic options. Therefore, I considered it imperative to provide a book from A to Z for health professionals regarding the epidemiology, screening, diagnosis and treatment of HCV infection in this high risk group. My hope is for improvements in the control of HCV in thalassemia patients in the world, especially in the Mediterranean region.
26 Natural History
34 Diagnosis and evaluation
- Author: Dr. Seyed-Moayed Alavian
- Publisher: Pouyan Kowsar Health Publishing Company; 1st edition ( April 8, 2022)
- Publication Date: April 8, 2022
- Print Length: 78 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN: 978-622-99114-6-4
- Sponsored by: Salamat Pooyan
Links and Copyrights:
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L1C3YHP
- Scinews: https://brieflands.com/scinews/articles/110179.html
- Official Website: https://brieflands.com/briefland/pages/indexing-sources-stm-journals.html
- PDF: https://services.brieflands.com/cdn/serve/315e2/a3c58ca53b56d2ed0272a74fe22e46de2216439e/From%20A%20to%20Z%20on%20Hepatitis%20C%20in%20Thalasemia%20(1).pdf
- Copyright: This book is published freely under only for personal use and not commercial use. We reserved Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International License.
- Ask for permission from Publisher.
- Link to Table of Contents (Persian)