How to Extend a Review Task?
Associate editor or reviewers can extend the time of their tasks just for one time and within the prior due date, which the EIC already defines.
- Each review task can be only extended ONE time.
- The default for the extension date is considered seven days.
- The maximum extension is done within the deadline, which the EIC already defines.
- Sign in to the journal > Choose your role (The Associate editor OR the reviewer);
- at the top-right pane: Go to ‘TO-DO: My Reviewer Tasks’ > click the ‘Submit Review’ button.
- At the end of the review page, click the ‘Extend Time’ button.
- You can type a short description of the reasons to extend in new windows. Please write your reason for the extension as shown below: