With your ORCID ID, you now have the convenience of signing into the Nedmedica journal website and submitting your articles with ease. Nedmedica has introduced a new feature that allows users to log in using their ORCID. ORCID supplies a unique, persistent digital identifier that sets you apart from all other researchers. It integrates essential research workflows, including manuscript and grant submissions, fostering automated linkages between you and your professional activities. This ensures your work gets the recognition it deserves. For more information, please visit the ORCID website.
- ORCID is a non-profit organization established in 2010 by a collaboration of academic institutions, professional bodies, funding agencies, and publishers.
- An ORCID iD is a unique, nonproprietary alphanumeric code assigned to differentiate individual academic authors.
- ORCID resolves the complexities of indexing varying authors' names and affiliations in their publications. This encompasses accommodating for changes due to life events such as marriage, cultural differences in name ordering, inconsistency in first-name abbreviations, and diverse writing systems. ORCID establishes a persistent identity for individuals, akin to the role of digital object identifiers (DOIs) for digital content entities.
- Upon registration with ORCID, users acquire an ORCID iD that can be linked to their published works and other professional activities. This allows authors to maintain a comprehensive and public record of their scholarly contributions.
What Does an ORCID ID Look Like?
An ORCID ID comprises a 16-digit number, which is presented in the format of a web address (hyperlink) leading to the researcher's profile. For example, https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9536-6296
How to Activate ORCID and Display ORCID Badges in Journals?
If you have logged into the Neoscriber journals and cannot see your ORCID badges (icons) in your published articles, please set your ORCID account visibility to "everyone." To do so:
1) Log into your ORCID account at www.orcid.org, and adjust your account visibility to "everyone" (located in the top right of the profile). Refer to the image below:
2) Next, change the visibility of your "Email" in ORCID to "everyone." (Email visibility settings can be accessed from the left-hand menu in your profile). See the image below for reference:
Finally, if you have any further queries, feel free to reach out to our support team at https://brieflands.com/forms/support
- Signing into Neoscriber with ORCID: YouTube | Aparat
- Viewing Your Record on ORCID: YouTube | Aparat
- Using ORCID for All Co-authors During Submission: YouTube | Aparat
Benefits of ORCID
ORCID is freely accessible to individuals and it features a user-friendly application programming interface (API). This encourages its integration with existing systems, spurs the development of new tools, and promotes innovative uses of repository data. The perks of using ORCID are numerous:
Editors gain a comprehensive overview for reviewing a contributor's history and can obtain insight into an author's past work and professional relationships.
- Researchers avoid the hassle of inputting biographical and bibliographic data into multiple systems.
- Institutions and funding bodies benefit from a more accessible and reliable system for analyzing scholarly output.
- Publishers enjoy a simplified publication workflow and find more opportunities for product and service development.
ORCID Addition in Our Journals
Prior to publication, an ORCID iD must be provided for the corresponding author(s). If you already have an ORCID iD, you will be asked to provide it. If you haven’t registered with ORCID yet, we’ll help you create an iD at the point of submission. The ORCID is not required for submission, or for peer review, but we will not be able to publish your article online until an ORCID iD is provided.
Further Information About ORCID
1) Gain Recognition for Your Contributions to Scientific Work
2) Resolve the Issue of Name Ambiguity in Academic Bibliographies