Download Informed Consents Samples
- Some samples of Informed Consent from clinical studies can be downloaded below:
- Link to WHO webpage, including all other templates of informed consent
Which types of articles need Informed Consent?
The table below describes the requirement of informed consent in different manuscripts.
|Manuscript Type||Patient Informed Consent|
|Case Reports||required ***|
- *: Veterinary clinical cases: For studies using client-owned animals, a high standard (best practice) of veterinary care and an informed client consent statement should be included in the Materials and Methods section.
- *: Animal Studies: The ethical review committee approval and the international, national, and/or institutional guidelines followed regarding animal welfare are strongly required in these studies.
- **: In vitro studies on human or animal tissues must show an "ethical approval code."
- ***: Case reports are not obliged to show the "Ethical Approval Code." But it is strongly recommended to obtain written and signed informed consent from patients/ guardians for publishing the case report.
- Submitting informed consent during submission is required for all research on human subjects.
- Informed consent should be written in the "Methods" section of the manuscript.
- For studies using live animals or human subjects, the author should also state that all experiments were performed in compliance with the relevant laws and institutional guidelines and state the institutional committee(s) that has approved the experiments.
Other useful sources: