How to Extend a Review Task?
Associate editor or reviewer is able to extend the time of their own tasks just for one time and within the main due date which is already defined by the EIC.
- Each review task can be only extended ONE time.
- The default for the extension date is considered 7 days.
- The maximum extension is done within the deadline which is already defined by the EIC.
- Sign in to the journal > Choose your role (The Associate editor OR the reviewer);
- at the top-right pane: Go to ‘TO-DO: My Reviewer Tasks’ > click the ‘Submit Review’ button.
- At the end of review page, click the ‘Extend Time’ button.
- In new windows, you can type a short description of the reasons to extend. Please write your reason for the extension as shown below: