- Methods articles can be for proposed or ongoing prospective clinical research and should provide a detailed account of the hypothesis, rationale, and methodology of the study.
- Protocols of randomized controlled trials should follow the CONSORT guidelines and must have a trial registration number.
A study protocol should contain 2000 - 3000 words with a structured abstract of 300 words maximum.
Study protocols should comprise sections of:
- In a methods article, the maximum number of:
- Tables or figures are 3
- References are 25
- Please do not use abbreviations or references in the abstract.
- Trial Registration, if your singular is a protocol of a controlled health care intervention, please list the trial registry, along with the unique identifying number, e.g. Trial registration: Current Controlled Trials ISRCTN73824458.