One of the bogus and harsh visions of every journal's editor-in-chief is the dream of indexing their journals in one of the top-ranked indexing sources. This type of mistargeting for publishing a journal is known as "Indexing Disease" and will be a source for many problems in strategic plans. This book aimed to increase our editors' knowledge and change their attitude towards the ultimate goal of publishing.
- Authors: Dr. Seyyed Mohammad Miri, Dr. Seyed-Moayed Alavian
- Publisher: www.nedmedica.nl; 1st edition (October 9, 2020)
- Publication Date: October 9, 2020
- Print Length: 86 pages
- Language: Persian (English Abstract)
- ISBN: 978-622-991141-9
- Sponsored by: Salamat Pooyan
- Targets: Academic and STM Journals
- Category: Databases -- Abstracting and indexing, Scholarly periodicals -- Indexes
Introduction of this book:
One of the bogus and harsh visions of every journal's editor-in-chief is the dream of indexing their journals in one of the top-ranked indexing sources. This deviated targeting to the ultimate goal of publishing produces many problems both for the editorial team and the publishers. Based on my personal experiences, I call this type of mistargeting for publishing a journal like "Indexing Disease." Indexing is not and must not be proposed as the ultimate goal of publishing a journal. We publish a journal to improve the quality of our lives by solving more daily obstacles. Indexing is an improper targeting for publishing a journal.
This book titled "Indexing Sources for STM Journals" and aimed to increase our editors' knowledge and change their attitude towards the ultimate goal of publishing. We reviewed different indexing sources in the current book and introduced them to our editors. We believe all indexing sources are essential for spreading the message of our scientific articles to readers all over the world. Those differentiating among different indexing sources and dividing them into top-ranked and low-ranked sources have financial or economic interests with some companies so that they are responsible for staining the clear atmosphere of publishing. We must avoid those companies with conflicts of interest in publishing STM journals.
Major topics of this book include:
- Indexing and Indexing Sources
- Predatory Journals
- Impact Factor
- PubMed Central
- Ulrichs Web
- Index Copernicus
- Google Scholar
- NLM catalog
Links and Copyrights:
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L1C3YHP
- Scinews: https://brieflands.com/scinews/articles/110179.html
- Official Website: https://brieflands.com/briefland/pages/indexing-sources-stm-journals.html
- PDF: Download Full-Text PDF
- Copyright: This book is published freely under only for personal use and not commercial use. We reserved Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International License.
- Ask for permission from Publisher.
- Link to Table of Contents (Persian)