Regarding the “Letter to the Editor” with the code e59537, Babakhanian and Zarghami about our published article entitled
“Effectiveness of Hope Therapy Protocol on Depression and Hope in Amphetamine Users”. The results of our review showed that the apparent discrepancy in some of the references was either due to the time of converting references from APA to Vancouver or in referees’ modifications to add or remove some parts of the original text. By moving a number, the entire reference section has been moved (1, 2). As we did not use the endnote software, we did not notice these errors in the final proofreading. The corrected cases are in the following:
In the methodology section:
The statistical population consisted of Amphetamines drugs consumers referring to day drug addiction treatment centers in Tehran city in 2014.
|Age||Mean ± SD|
|50||21.44 ± 2.45|
|Group||N||Mean ± SD|
|Depression||Age||25||16.36 ± 2.88|
|Studies||25||16.80 ± 2.53|
|Hope||Age||25||20.27 ± 1.51|
|Studies||25||23.56 ± 1.57|
As showed Table 1, the average ages of subjects were 21.44 and standard deviation was 2.45.
According to this table, the highest standard deviation and mean was related to depression in the experimental and hope in the control groups, respectively.
In the reference section, correction references are:
1. World Medical A. World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki. Ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects. Bull World Health Organ. 2001; 79(4): 373-4
2. Ahari GS, Younesi J, Borjali A, Ansari Damavandi S. The Effectiveness of Group Hope Therapy on Hope and Depression of Mothers With Children Suffering From Cancer in Tehran. Iran J Cancer Prev 2012; 4:183-8.
3. Cheavens JS, Feldman D, Gum A, Michael ST, Snyder CR. Hope therapy in a community sample: A pilot investigation. SOC INDIC RES 2006; 77: 61-78.
4. Davis L, Uezato A, Newell JM, Frazier E. Major depression and comorbid substance use disorders. Curr Opin PSYCH 2008; 21: 14-18.
5. Sordo L, Chahua M, Bravo MJ, Barrio G, Brugal MT, Domingo A, Molist G, Fuente L. Depression among regular heroin users: The influence of gender. ADDICT BEHAV 2012; 37: 148–152.
6. Raesian AS, Golzari M, Borjali A. Effectiveness of Hope Therapy on Reducing Depressive Symptoms and Preventing of Relapse in Cure-Seeker Women with Dependency to Narcotic Drugs. J RES ADDICT 2011; 5 (17): 21-40.
7. Cheavens JS, Feldman D, Woodward JT, Snyder CR. Hope in Cognitive Psychotherapies: On Working With Client Strengths. J COG PSYCHOTHER 2006; 20(2): 135-145.
8.Werner S. Subjective well-being, hope, and needs of individuals with serious mental illness. PSYCHIATRY RES 2012; 196: 214–219.
9. Schrank B, Stanghellini G, Slade M. Hope in psychiatry: a review of the literature. Acta Psychiatr Scand 2008; 118: 421–433.
10. Kortte KB, Gilbert M, Gorman P, Wegener ST. Positive psychological variables in the prediction of life satisfaction after spinal cord injury. REHABIL PSYCHOL 2010; 55: 40–47
Babakhanian M, Zarghami M. Letter to Editor: Effectiveness of Hope Therapy Protocol on Depression and Hope in Amphetamine Users. Int J High Risk Behav Addict. 2017;6(3). e59537.
Sadeghi H, Ebrahimi L, Vatandoust L. Effectiveness of Hope Therapy Protocol on Depression and Hope in Amphetamine Users. Int J High Risk Behav Addict. 2015;4(4). e21905. doi: 10.5812/ijhrba.21905. [PubMed: 26870707].