List of free journals versus journals with charge in Brieflands
Authors of some specific Brieflands journals need to pay the "Acceptance Fee". Before submitting a manuscript in these journals, we kindly and strongly recommend you pay attention to changes in the below-mentioned journals. Other journals (not mentioned in the below table) are "Free of Charges". A complete list of all journals (free vs. charges) could be found here.
Table of Contents:
- Why article acceptance fee in Brieflands?
- Word Count Policy in Brieflands Journals
- Pricing in Brieflands journals
- How can I avoid the English editing surcharge?
- Which article types are published free of charge?
- Methods of Payment
- How to Pay the Acceptance Fee [EUR] offline?
- Discounts and Waivers Policy
- Do I have to pay if my manuscript is rejected?
- Are reprints of my article included in the article acceptance fees?
- Cancellation or Refund Policy
Why Article Acceptance Fee in Brieflands?
Brieflands publishes all its journals in full open access format. The scientific community and the general public can unlimitedly and immediately access all content published in our journals for free as soon as it is published on the Internet. This means that Brieflands does not have any income from selling subscriptions to print or online versions of its journals or from charging "pay-per-view" fees. Therefore, Brieflands needs to defray its editorial and production costs by collecting article acceptance fees (APC) from authors' institutes or research funding bodies. Brieflands is committed to keeping its open access publication charges at a minimum level. Already now, Brieflands's charges—if calculated per page—are much lower than the revenues per published page that traditional, subscription-based academic publishers can generate. Paying the article processing charge in an Open Access journal is a replacement with the normal subscription charges used by most journals and allows journals to make the full text of every published article freely available to all interested readers.
Word Count Policy in BrieflandsJournals
Acceptance fee of an article will be calculated based on the word count of an article. Therefore, we offer different prices depending on the word count. To read more about Brieflands Word Count Policy please refer here.
Pricing in Brieflands Journals
The article acceptance fees for different journals are given in the table below. The basic article acceptance fees cover editorial service and production of an article. Non-native English-speaking colleagues are encouraged to use a professional English editing service before submission of a manuscript.
Using the below table you are able to calculate "Article Processing Charge" in one of the Brieflands Journals.
Please note that:
- This gives you an estimation of the final price.
- This offer is valid only within the next 24 hours.
- VAT (or BTW) is included in the price.
- Other costs (including bank transfer costs, etc) are not included in the price.
Answer the above questions and click on "Calculate".
|Total calculated price:|
- Word count policy is written here.
- VAT Rates: All prices are inclusieve VAT rates. top
- Bank Transfer Costs: All prices are exclusive bank transfer costs. Each transaction costs 5 Euro plus country costs for non-EU countries and 0.5 Euro per EU countries plus 5 Euro of Bank storten and country costs (min 10 Euro, Max: 50 Euro). The calculation for international payment can be found here and here. How to calculate?
- English Editing Services and Costs: The prices include English Editing Costs. If you have already edited your manuscript in one of the mentioned companies, 0.03- 0.05 euro per word (based on the level of editing) will be decreased from your final invoice. To apply for this exclusion, contact us at publisher.support and send us the certificate of English editing.
- Special Discounts (0-50%) for Low-Income Countries To Apply Click Here and follow "Request Discount"
How can I avoid the English editing surcharge?
To avoid the English editing surcharge, we recommend that non-native English-speaking authors send their manuscripts to a professional English editing service prior to the submission of their manuscript to Brieflands journals. We recommend the below-listed manuscript editing services. These language editing services will issue a certificate to attest that authors used their services to improve the language and style of their manuscript. The certificate should be included alongside the submission. Authors of articles submitted to Brieflands journals benefit from a one-time 10% discount on Brieflands fees or a 15% discount on Manuscript edit's fees. Simply follow the below links to make use of the referral discount. We recommend using these English editing services:
For International Customers
For Persian Customers
|Any question could be asked via https://brieflands.com/support|
Which article types are published free of charge?
Editorial items (Editorials or Retractions) are published free of charge. Article acceptance fees are only applied to other article types. If you are an invited author and need any assistance simply contact us via https://brieflands.com/support (Submit a ticket by Author)
Methods of Payments
There are two methods to pay article acceptance fees:
Online Payments (recommended):
To pay the fees, sign in to the journal website and follow the wizard under your manuscript in the Authorial Area. Normally, the authors allowed to pay the invoice only after "Acceptance". When an article is accepted, a button titled "Pay Acceptance Fee" will be available for the corresponding author via the journal website. If you need any assistance simply contact us via https://brieflands.com/support (Submit a ticket by Author). Online Payment for International authors are available using Paypal and all Credit cards. Please read more and follow instructions via your account in the journal.
- Offline Payments:
Bank payments can also be performed using IBAN and BIC numbers of our company. To pay via your bank, you need to receive a pre-invoice. To receive it, please submit a ticket via https://brieflands.com/support (Request Invoice). Our "Accounting Department" will send an invoice to your email. Afterwards, you will be able to pay it with your bank account. After transferring the fee, please send us your "Bank Receipt" via your account in the jorunal. To receive support, contact us via https://brieflands.com/support (Submit a ticket by Author).
Discounts and Waivers Policy
- For Authors
Brieflands offers waivers and discounts for article acceptance fees for articles whose corresponding authors are based in low-income countries. These countries are classified by the World Bank as low-income economics as of July 2017. Please submit your discount request via our support portal at https://brieflands.com/support . We will review your request and inform you.
- For Reviewers
We offer a discount to reviewers of some journals to appreciate their kind efforts and services or to the previous authors to thank them for their loyalty. Reviewers with more than 10 complete tasks are eligible to use our offers and discounts. To apply, please fill out an online form at this link (Request Discount)
Do I have to pay if my manuscript is rejected?
No. Brieflands only sends the invoice for article acceptance fees if and once a manuscript is accepted for publication. The acceptance of a manuscript is based on the outcome of the peer-review procedure. The final decision as to whether a manuscript is accepted for publication or rejected will be taken by an external editor (usually the Editor-in-Chief of a journal or the Guest Editor of a special issue) based on scientific merit.
Are reprints of my article included in the article acceptance fees?
No. Article acceptance fees do not entitle the authors to receive reprints of their published articles. Reprints can be ordered separately and optionally for any article that has been published in a Brieflands journal. To request an offer for reprints of an article, please visit the website of the article you would like to reprint and follow the "Order Reprint" link or contact us via https://brieflands.com/support
Cancellation or Refund Policy
We are able to refund a part of your payment if you need to cancel or refund your payment only if your manuscript is not accepted. Any request for refunding the fee must be submitted via our support portal at https://brieflands.com/support. Based on a manuscript status, there are several conditions for a refund:
- After Submission and In Review Process: Based on the withdrawal regulation, you have to pay a withdrawal fee after primary confirmation. More information could be found here: Link
- After Acceptance and before Final publishing: not possible.
- After Final Publishing in one of the issues: not possible.